Summary: The Bachelor’s level MSW is responsible for the
provision, direction, supervision and evaluation of medical social services to
clients in the home environment in accordance with agency policies and
procedures, applicable health standards, governmental laws and regulations. The MSW will strive to proactively meet the needs of the client in the achievement of individualized and measurable
- Graduate from accredited school with Bachelor’s degree accredited by
the council on Social Work Education with current license.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills.
- Minimum of one year’s social work experience in a healthcare setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills.
Responsibilities/essential functions: The person in this position must be able to perform the following essential job
functions with or without reasonable
- Instruct, treat, observe and evaluate clients with significant social and emotional situations affecting their health status.
- Utilizespecial skills and judgment to resolve adverse social and
emotional responses connected with the illness.
- Report any changes in client's condition and response to treatment
supervisor and the physician.
- Participate in development and re-evaluation of POC for clients
- Instruct and counsel the client and family in treating and coping with
social and emotional responses to illness.
- Provide ongoing assessment of needs.
- Participate in discharge planning.
- Participate in care coordination activities and act as resource to
other team members in identification and resolution of client needs.
- Utilize appropriate community resources.
- Attends, participates in and/or conducts internal staff development
programs and obtains CEU's as required by regulations.
- Collaborate with Social Work Supervisor in promoting optimal level of
services for patient / family.
- Participate in staff meetings, in-service programs and Utilization
- Review LSW documentation for accuracy with plan of care and